Wednesday 3 February 2010

Junk

At this time of year most of our insurance policies (car, building & contents etc) come up for renewal. Somehow or other, this fact has found its way on to several databases and I get bombarded with junk mail offering to sell me ever cheaper insurance and even better service than ever before offered by anyone. All this despite the fact that we've stuck with the same company for some time now because they are reasonably priced and have provided good service. I wonder whether their databases also tell these companies that?
Any road up; today I got junk mail from the AA, Saga, 50 plus (twice), and RIAS. Enough! So I've registered with the Mail Preference Service in the hope that these bothersome nitwits will eventually leave me alone. The idea is that companies sending out mailshots check their list against the MPS list and refrain from sending stuff to those on the MPS list. 
I've already registed with the Telephone Preference Service which has reduced the number of idiot phone calls, but has not unfortunately prevented Kwik Fit from calling me from somewhere in deepest Scotland to offer me something or other in an impenetrable Scottish dialect. At least the chaps in India try to pretend to speak English!
Harumph.
Update:   Next day; just received two more from RIAS. Apparently I could win a Caribbean Cruise and a Mini simply by asking for a quote! And another from AVIVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously...