Tuesday 27 October 2009

Not Jumping


It may look as if I am about to defenestrate myself but no. I am actually in the middle of painting the wooden kitchen window frame, having removed the aluminium window thingy itself. A tricky task, requiring the purchase of a heavier screwdriver to cope with the rusty screws and a nifty bit of handling so as not to drop the blessed thing twenty feet into the stairwell. In the U K, windowmen generally use a hardwood frame which requires little or no maintenance. But in Cyprus any old wood will do, which is consequently subject to weathering thereby causing me more work!

2 comments:

  1. Have you consulted our associate director of the Department of Gadgets and Fenestration? you could blue sky some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see if I have a window in my diary and we''l knock around a few kites up the flagpole.

    ReplyDelete

Previously...